Ms. Berry focuses her practice in the areas of workers’ compensation, medical malpractice and general liability. She handles all phases of civil litigation in the state and federal court systems, defending hospitals, healthcare providers, businesses and individuals. Dee litigates matters before the North Carolina Industrial Commission representing the interests of employers, carriers, self-insureds and non-insureds. She also has experience representing physicians and physician assistants before the North Carolina Medical Board. She is certified as a mediator by the NC Dispute Resolution Commission to conduct superior court mediations and welcomes the opportunity to work with you in that capacity. She loves spending time with her family and actively serves in her local church.
Areas of Practice
Motor Vehicle Negligence
North Carolina, 1997
U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1997
U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1997
U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2000
University of North Carolina School of Law
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1997, J.D.
Honors: Holderness Moot Court Board
(National Moot Court Team)
Buies Creek, North Carolina, 1994, B.A.
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Honors: Phi Kappa Phi
Professional Associations and Memberships
North Carolina Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section Council, 2007 – 2010
- Minorities in the Profession Committee, 2004 – 2008
Greensboro Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2007-2010
North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Board of Directors, 2004-2007
18th Judicial District Bar
- Secretary and Treasurer, 2006-2007
North Carolina State Bar
* Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.